Last year I created a 20 for 2020 list to provide some guidance on things I wanted to complete and focus on in 2020. While the year didn’t pan out as I had planned (thanks, COVID!), I did manage to accomplish most of the items on my list.
So, with the new year finally here, it’s time for a new list. Some of my items will be repeats from last year (and that is OK!) and some are new. I love the 21 for 2021 because it works better for me than to make resolutions.
What’s on my list? Here it is:
1. Get my photo albums up to date. This is a rollover from last year. I have thousands of photos on my phone and I would really like to create some albums to enjoy the pictures from all the good times from the past few years. I really want to make this happen this year.
2. Finish my youngest daughter’s photo album. This is another rollover from last year. She is almost 30 so I’d really like to gift this to her before then!
3. Read 24 books. I’ve upped my goal from last year. Ever since I discovered you can download library books to your Kindle, my reading life has been changed!
4. Find and prepare two contrasting monologues. I always have trouble finding good monologues for auditions so this is important. And hopefully, there will be live theatre SOON!
5. Expand my youth theatre company, Downstage Center Theatre. 2020 saw my friend and I start this company with the goal of bringing positive musical theatre classes to youth aged 8 and up. We are off to a great start, but I would really like to expand our offerings in 2021. Our goal is to mount a full production this year as soon as we are able to be in theaters again.
6. Expand my vocal studio. 2020 also saw me returning to vocal coaching. I love my students and would love to add additional students to my roster throughout 2021. Coaching young people in singing is one of my favorite things to do.
7. Take a dance class at least 4 times a month. The goal is once a week, but by putting it this way, I can double up and potentially do more. I love 567Broadway on Youtube! The dances are so much fun and Joseph is a simply magnificent person!
8. Record a Christmas album for my family. This is something I’ve toyed with for awhile, but this is the year I would really like to make it happen.
9. Floss daily – I am a troubled, dental scaredy cat. I try to floss regularly, but let’s face it – I need to do better!
10. Move/Stretch regularly- I’m not putting a definitive amount of time each week. I’m just committing to continue to move regularly and would like to add a bit more stretching to my routine. I use Obe Fitness and LOVE it! They have classes for every level and taste. It’s AWESOME!
11. Drink more water. I am pretty good about this generally, but have definitely fallen off the wagon.
12. Climb Lone Mountain – I drive by it regularly and have wanted to hike to the top.
13. Bake a chocolate cake from scratch with homemade icing – rollover from last year.
14. Use my Instapot! (also a rollover from last year)
15. Go through my books and purge the ones I can get rid of. Only keep the books I would actually reread in the future.
16. Check and update will and other legal papers.
17. Go through and purge unneeded items from garage.
18. Go through my jewelry and get the pieces repaired that need to be repaired and get rid of the pieces I don’t want.
19. Try some water color painting. My dad is a professional painter and I’ve always wanted to give it a go – this year I will put paint to paper!
20. Make an effort to contact friends regularly. Send a note or make a phone call to friends I haven’t seen.
21. Instead of allowing negative self talk and jealousy to infiltrate my thoughts, I will instead remind myself to be kind – to myself and other.s
So there it is – are you making a 21 for 2021? I’d love to hear what you’re going to focus on in the coming year.